The original 1902 design of 3180 18th Street included two separate three-story office and manufacturing buildings utilized by the C.A. Malm Company. The 0.5 acre site was redeveloped in 1986 by the Plant Family when the two buildings were joined and seismically retrofitted. Today the building has 37,170 square feet of leasable space and includes 25 secured parking stalls.
Ownership is in the process of upgrading all common areas, renovating the entryway, and adding amenities to both the front and rear of the site. Exhibiting high, exposed wood ceilings and open, creative floor plans, The Pioneer Building is positioned as one of the few properties in the Mission District zoned for office space.